Difficulty: Intermediate | Serves (2-3)
- Begin by soaking the dried porcini mushrooms in a bowl of 20 ml warm water for 30 minutes then drain and wash the mushrooms under the tap, setting aside the water left over.
- Finely slice the garlic and onion and then fry in a pot until the onions have gone golden
- Add the rice and then mix to allow the rice to be completely coated.
- Meanwhile set to boil 250 ml water using this to gently pour into the rice mixture and also slowly pour in the mushroom liquid (making sure to slowly pour this into parts and not all in one go, allowing the rice to absorb the liquids)
- Stir in the chicken stock cube into the rice.
- Cook the rice until the rice is just under ‘al dente’ and then finally add in the mushrooms and spinach with the tablespoon of butter and lemon juice for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Once this is all completed, add salt and pepper while tasting and finally add in some grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with extra grated parmesan cheese and olive oil (best served hot)
30 g Dried Porcini Mushroom
1 shallot or red onion (shallot better for flavour)
2 garlic cloves
300 grams Arborio Risotto Rice
1 chicken stock cube
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and Black Pepper
1/2 freshly squeezed lemon